Exhibit Planning Tips
Before you get to the show
- Thoroughly read the Exhibitor Manual. It contains important information
for making your participation in the show run as smooth as possible.
- It is beneficial to know the show schedule, which consists of the move-in,
show and move-out hours.
- Understand what is included in the cost of your exhibit space. Place
additional equipment orders early with the official service contractors and
include payment to qualify for the discounts. Additional charges and possible
delays apply to all on-site orders.
- If you are employing an Exhibitor Designated Contractor, you will need to
have authorization. Also, be certain that your EDC understands the rules and
regulations of the show.
- Ship your booth display and merchandise to the warehouse or direct to the
convention center. Be sure to check warehouse receiving dates and times. If
your show has a freight target schedule, make sure your shipment arrives at
the convention center at the scheduled time.
- Book hotel and airline/travel reservations.
- Pre-register for your exhibitor badges and order lead retrieval equipment.
- Bring copies of the bill of lading and all orders that you arranged with
the official contractors.
- Pick up your exhibitor badges at exhibitor registration.
- Read your move in bulletin for last minute information news.
- Visit the Customer Service Desk in the lobby for any show related issues.
- Meet your Floor Manager.
- Adhere to freight target schedule.
- Adhere to all union, convention center, and show management rules.
During the show
- Read your move out bulletin for pertinent move out information.
- After show hours, secure product, equipment and small items.
- Use free shuttle service to hotels (where available).
- Prepare Bill of Lading.
- Remain in your booth until all samples are secured or removed.
We wish you the best of luck in planning your exhibition and thank you for choosing to exhibit at a Reed Exhibitions event!